Study Permits & Work Permits

Study Permits

Students who are not Canadian citizens or Permanent Residents require a Study Permit if they will study in Canada for more than 6 months. For information about study permits or visa, please read the information in the International Student Guide.

International Student Guide

Working while studying

You may be eligible to work on and off campus if you are a full-time students at UBC.

More Information


Spouses and common-law partners of international students  may apply for a work permit in order to work in Canada.

More Information

If you have any questions about visas, permits or documents for your dependents, or health insurance plans, please read the information at the International Student Guide. If you need advice or assistance, please send email with your UBC student number to, or call 1-604-822-5021.