The Graduate Student Ambassadors at UBC are a select group of students from a diverse range of graduate programs, backgrounds, experiences, and career interests. They are approachable, respectful and friendly.
Ambassadors share their personal experience with prospective and admitted students through regularly scheduled online chat sessions.
They will answer questions about life in Vancouver and studying at UBC and share tips with newly admitted graduate students as they prepare for and transition to life as a UBC graduate student.
Ambassadors will not be able to provide guidance on specific questions regarding application and admissions policies and procedures, or any questions that involve specific personal information. Please review our website for details on the application and admissions process.
Newly admitted students should consult our checklist.
For more resources on life as a graduate student at UBC and in Vancouver, please visit our Campus & Community section.
- Samuel Adeyanju (MSc Forestry, Nigeria)
- Federico Andrade (PhD Public Health, Colombia)
- Kelsey Yamasaki (Master of Community and Regional Planning, Canada)
- Maria Angélica Guerrero (MA Educational Studies, Colombia)
- Xining Yang (PhD Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, China)
- Dorine Akwiri (Master of Public Policy and Global Affairs, Kenya)
- Ahmed Elashry (Master of Laws (LLM), Egypt)
- Joseph Ogbede (PhD Genome Science and Technology, Nigeria)
- Jialin (Lydia) Chen (Master of Education in Society, Culture and Politics, China)
- Tarique Benbow (PhD Pharmaceutical Sciences, Jamaica)
- Yang Lucas Zhang (Master of Education, Canada)