The Graduate Student Ambassador Program is a volunteer initiative hosted by Graduate and Postdoctoral Studies. Its aim is to connect current graduate students with people interested in applying to UBC Grad School, as well as providing newly admitted-students a warm welcome along with tips for settling in. Current students can give the graduate student experience an authentic voice, which is most ideal for answering the many questions prospective students have and for helping new students transition to grad school at UBC. Ambassadors will co-host regularly scheduled online info sessions with prospective and newly admitted graduate students, and meet and mingle with newly admitted students at events such as our GradStart Orientation Welcome. Meet our current ambassadors!
Who we are recruiting
Are you enthusiastic about UBC, the experiences you’ve had, and the wonderful connections you’ve made? Are you interested in sharing your experiences as a graduate student, helping prospective students make the right decision, and welcoming newly admitted students on their #UBCGradJourney?
Join our amazing team of graduate student ambassadors and build your leadership and communication skills.
Graduate students enrolled in both research-based and course-based programs that are part of Graduate & Postdoctoral Studies at UBC Vancouver are eligible. If you are enthusiastic about UBC and connecting with students, we want you to apply!
- Excellent networking opportunity.
- Improve your communication skills.
- Be a part of the graduate student community at UBC.
- Help prospective students figure out if UBC is the right fit for them.
- A certificate confirming your participation in the program.
- Ambassador swag and free food.
- An average time commitment of 4 hours a month (this includes a minimum attendance of 2 sessions a month plus additional outreach activities).
- Attendance at all training sessions.
- Typically, Ambassadors are expected to take part in the program for a minimum of one year, some exceptions do apply.
Fill out this short application form.