Master of Education in Special Education (MEd)
The Special Education program at UBC concerns the education of students with exceptionalities, such as students with visual impairments, developmental disabilities, emotional or behavioural disorders, learning disabilities, gifts and talents, and those who are deaf or hard of hearing. Faculty are committed to promoting practices that facilitate inclusion, empowerment, and self-determination of individuals with disabilities and other special needs in home, school, and community settings.
What makes the program unique?
- Only university in the country to offer graduate coursework in special education across all areas of exceptionality.
- Opportunities for practical experiences with a variety of district and community partnerships.
- We offer opportunities for research and funding through faculty partnerships.
- We offer opportunities to change practice for the better through Special Education faculty initiatives.
- Outstanding support through a world-class faculty and staff to guide you on your academic journey!
TOEFL (ibT) Overall Score Requirement
IELTS Overall Score Requirement
Tuition / Program Costs
|Fees||Canadian Citizen / Permanent Resident / Refugee / Diplomat||International|
|Installments per year||3||3|
|Tuition per installment||$2,334.10||$4,192.82|
|Tuition per year||$7,002.30||$12,578.46|
|Int. Tuition Award (ITA) per year (if eligible)||$1,500.00 (-)|
|Other Fees and Costs|
|Student Fees (yearly)||$923.38 (approx.)|
|Costs of living (yearly)||starting at $16,884.10 (check cost calculator)|
All fees for the year are subject to adjustment and UBC reserves the right to change any fees without notice at any time, including tuition and student fees. In case of a discrepancy between this webpage and the UBC Calendar, the UBC Calendar entry will be held to be correct.