Online application system
All applicants are advised to use the online application system.
The online application requires credit card payment via Visa or Mastercard, or Interac/debit card payments from individuals with banking accounts at Royal Bank, or TD Canada Trust.
If you are unable to pay by one of these means, please send a description of your circumstance to firstname.lastname@example.org for alternative payment options.
A non-refundable application fee is required for each graduate program to which you apply. Application fees cannot be deferred and are valid for only one application year.
Graduate Application Fees (for September 2019 and later):
- Canadians (and Permanent Residents, Refugees, Diplomats): (CDN) $106.00
- International Applicants: (CDN) $168.25
Application fees are based on your citizenship at the time of application. You may be required to provide proof of Canadian citizenship and must provide proof of Permanent Residency.
Application Fee Waivers
The application fee is waived only in the following circumstances:
- For international applicants whose citizenship and correspondence address is located in one of the world's 50 least developed countries, as declared by the United Nations. These countries include but are not limited to Bangladesh, Ethiopia, Nepal, and Uganda. Complete list of eligible countries.
- Students applying to graduate programs in the Department of Chemistry. The fee is paid for by the department.
- Seniors: BC residents who are Canadian citizens or permanent residents aged 65 years or over at the time of application.
If you are eligible for an application fee waiver, you do not need to apply for it. You will not be asked for a fee when you complete the online application.