Course Registration

Workday Student Support

Graduate students can find "how to" guides and support information on our Workday support page.

UBC Calendar:

For detailed information see the Calendar link above, or Course Registration in the Policies and Procedures section of this website.

Continuous registration

Continuous registration allows you to claim an education allowance from Revenue Canada. For information specifically for students, visit the Revenue Canada website "Topics for Students".

Note: Continuous registration includes the summer term.

Adding and dropping courses

Except in special circumstances, a one-term course may be added to your program only within the first two weeks of the course, and a two-term course within the first three weeks of the course. If you drop a course within these periods, no record of registration in the course(s) will appear on your transcript.

To request a change of registration outside of these time periods, you need to complete a Change of Registration form (Add/Drop form) and have it signed by the relevant course instructor and graduate program advisor confirming their support of the request. Your program office will then submit the form to the Faculty of Graduate Studies for review.

You may withdraw from any course in which you are registered at any time up to the end of the sixth week of class for courses that span two terms. Withdrawals will be recorded on the transcript by a standing of W. W standings are not included in computing grade averages.