Voluntary Withdrawals

A student wishing to withdraw voluntarily from the University must notify the home graduate program in writing in order to obtain the approval of the dean, department head or director, and the graduate advisor in the home graduate program.

Once the request for voluntary withdrawal is approved by the home graduate program, the graduate advisor or head must then send a completed "Voluntary Withdrawal from Graduate Program" form, along with the student's written request, to the Associate Dean, SAS, Faculty of Graduate and Postdoctoral Studies stating the reason(s) for the student's withdrawal from the program and the effective date of withdrawal. When the withdrawal is approved, the academic record will show the date of withdrawal and a standing of "W" in all courses not completed on that date.

A student who does not complete formal withdrawal procedures will be liable for all assessed fees until such procedures are completed. Retroactive withdrawal requests will not be approved by the Faculty of Graduate and Postdoctoral Studies unless the graduate program confirms in writing that the student did not attend or use any university resources as of the requested effective date of withdrawal.

The academic record will indicate "Voluntary Withdrawal".