Relevant Degree Programs
Affiliations to Research Centres, Institutes & Clusters
Forests and food security; sustainable landscape management; biodiversity; rural livelihoods and markets; ecosystem services; non-timber forest products
Complete these steps before you reach out to a faculty member!
- Identify specific faculty members who are conducting research in your specific area of interest.
- Establish that your research interests align with the faculty member’s research interests.
- Read up on the faculty members in the program and the research being conducted in the department.
- Compose an error-free and grammatically correct email addressed to your specifically targeted faculty member, and remember to use their correct titles.
- Do not send non-specific, mass emails to everyone in the department hoping for a match.
- Address the faculty members by name. Your contact should be genuine rather than generic.
- Demonstrate that you are familiar with their research:
- Convey the specific ways you are a good fit for the program.
- Be enthusiastic, but don’t overdo it.
- More people, more trees: A reversal of deforestation trends in Southern Ethiopia (2021)
Land Degradation & Development,