Relevant Degree Programs
The main lab focus is protein quality control and how misfolded proteins are triaged within the cell. In the next years, we want to establish several new projects and here are some examples:
- Identification of protein quality control pathways mediating rare genetic diseases in human.
- Reconstitution of the quality control machinery in vitro to better understand the molecular mechanism.
- Characterization of the Nedd4/Rsp5 quality control pathway in mammalian cells.
- Development of new proteomics approaches to determine client repertoires of chaperone proteins.
- Characterization of the formation of heat stress granules.
- Characterization of changes in the protein homeostasis network upon aging