The best way to prepare for a smooth examination process is to plan ahead and communicate clearly with the Supervisory Committee members and Graduate and Postdoctoral Studies. Planning in advance for the Final Doctoral Examination can significantly reduce stress for everyone involved. Make sure you let us know what your plan is and, if it changes, keep us informed so we can try to advise accordingly.
So much thought goes into the research and writing of the dissertation but the final details require careful thought as well.
These resources are meant to help Candidates and Supervisors map out a timeline for the Final Doctoral Examination.
- Doctoral Examinations Planning Tool and Checklist for Candidates and Supervisors
- Sample Workplan for Candidates and Supervisors
- Navigating Your Doctoral Exam Presentation PowerPoint Slides
- Navigating Your Doctoral Exam Webinar Recording
- Procedure for Accessing Doctoral External Examiner Transport Fund