Calendar - Transfer Credit: http://www.calendar.ubc.ca/vancouver/index.cfm?tree=12,204,342,1529
Students may be enrolled as Access Studies students upon approval by a faculty:
(a) to allow them to take a limited number of courses in a specific area to upgrade or achieve a qualification, or
(b) when they do not wish to pursue a specific program. Distance education students may be enrolled in this category. Students in this category may normally take up to 6 credits per academic term, up to a maximum of 24 credits in total while registered as Access Studies students.
Please see UBC Access Studies for complete information.
- Admission as an Access Studies student does not guarantee that a student will be able to register for any course offered, nor does it imply future admission as a regular student.
- Access Studies students may only take graduate courses with the approval of the Dean of the Faculty of Graduate and Postdoctoral Studies.
- Tuition fees for Access Studies are assessed on a per-credit basis, taking into consideration the year level of the course and the faculty offering it. All student fees will be assessed as noted in Student Fees.
For Access Studies students applying to take a graduate course:
- Student contacst the instructor of the course.
- Student downloads and completes the “Enrolment of Non-Degree Students in a Graduate Course” form.
- Student fills out the form and obtains the signatures of the course instructor and graduate advisor of the program or department offering the course, indicating their approval.
- Student submits the fully-completed form to the Faculty of Graduate and Postdoctoral Studies.
- Graduate and Postdoctoral Studies reviews the form and confirms eligibility.
- Graduate and Postdoctoral Studies signs the form and sends it to Enrolment Services.
- Enrolment services registers the student.