Relevant Degree Programs
Great Supervisor Week Mentions
My supervisor, Dr. Alison Phinney is #GreatSupervisor because she is so supportive, and encourages me to think creatively and critically.
I feel incredibly lucky to have Dr. Phinney as my doctoral supervisor. She is exactly the supervisor I need to be successful. Alison is an internationally recognized scholar and has been able to guide my scholarship in meaningful and important ways. She has been a fabulous mentor in each step of the research process, helping me to fine tune my ideas, questions, and methods--all aligned with what is current, rigorous, and important in the broader field. She has been a wonderful guide, pointing out opportunities for me to network and learn from some of the top scholars in my field by attending national and international conferences and colloquia with visiting scholars. She has been extremely supportive in building my confidence and competence as an academic scholar, providing feedback in ways that challenge and help me to grow. She is generous with her time, her expertise, and her ideas in ways that make me feel like I am a priority despite all her other commitments. I feel very lucky to work with Dr. Phinney--she has been exceptional in every way possible!
Graduate Student Supervision
Doctoral Student Supervision (2008-2018)
- Co-creating person-centred care in acute care (2017)
- Constructing the experiences of people with advanced dementia who are nearing the end of life (2016)
- An examination of nurses’ practical judgments about the cognitive function of hospitalized older people (2015)
- The influence of information exchange processes on the provision of person-centred care in residential care facilities (2014)
- Orchestrating care : nursing practice with hospitalized older adults (2013)
- Decommissioning citizenship : the organization of long-term residential care (2008)
Master's Student Supervision (2010-2017)
- Reconnecting nursing and patient dignity : an integrative review (2014)
- Walking with meaning (2013)
- Measuring the physical activity of older adults residing in assisted living facilities (2012)