If necessary, each party required to sign the Thesis or Dissertation Approval form may sign a separate copy and send it back to you by fax or PDF scan so that you can submit all the forms together. We hope that this will make it easier for you to collect signatures from absent committee members.
Please note: In addition to signing the Thesis/Dissertation Approval form, your supervisor must initial the form:
- to verify the content of the Preface;
- and EITHER to verify that approval of the UBC Office of Research Services was not required,
- OR to verify that approval of the UBC Office of Research Services was obtained for research.
If you would like a copy of this form for your records, please photocopy it before submitting it to the Faculty of Graduate and Postdoctoral Studies. We cannot make copies of the form once the thesis has been approved.
Master's Thesis Approval Form
- Form must contain the signatures of at least two examiners.
Doctoral Dissertation Approval Form
- Form must contain the signatures of at least three examiners; your research supervisor, one University examiner, and one other examiner.