Master of Health Leadership and Policy in Clinical Education (MHLP)
The MHLP in Clinical Education program is for health care providers who want to develop their expertise in analyzing practice trends and designing and delivering clinical education to address emerging trends.
The health care sector is facing unprecedented change as a consequence of emerging technologies, new approaches to providing care and shifting demographic profiles. There is a pressing need for highly proficient clinical educators who are able to analyze practice trends, identify learning needs and develop educational strategies to address requirements within a wide array of clinical practice contexts.
As a clinical educator, you are a key member of the leadership team. You must have a strong grounding in clinical practice expertise, and you must lead, manage and inspire teams. With a dual focus on strengthening your skills in the technical aspects of clinical education and deepening your capacity as a leader, this program will help you take your career in new directions.
The MHLP is a 12-month degree starting in January. While 60 per cent of your Clinical Education courses will focus on your technical specialization, the remaining 40 per cent are leadership development courses that will enhance your business, communication and people skills. Delivery of the management and leadership courses are in partnership with UBC's Sauder School of Business. Please contact us if you would like to find out more about the MHLP in Clinical Education.
What makes the program unique?
It only takes 12 months to complete the program and get an MHLP degree. Starting in January, in the Clinical Education program, you will:
- Deepen your technical skills
- Sharpen your business skills
- Develop as a leader
- Collaborate with industry partners
MHLP students are required to have professional experience before starting the program. That means you will be part of a mature student cohort with a variety of professional and career experiences to draw on when you collaborate on projects with one another. Access to this diversity of knowledge and experience is essential to your development.
TOEFL (ibT) Overall Score Requirement
IELTS Overall Score Requirement
Prior degree requirements
Applicants must hold an undergraduate credential in healthcare or related field (Nursing, Dietetics, Medicine)
Applicants must have a minimum of three years of relevant experience and demonstrate, through references and work experience that they are proficient and have been identified as having leadership potential in clinical practice.
Being a professional program, there are no scholarships, grants or funding offered by UBC for MHLP students. Students who require financial assistance are encouraged to look for external scholarships or loans that may be available to them. Provincial student loans are available to domestic students.
Tuition / Program Costs
|Fees||Canadian Citizen / Permanent Resident / Refugee / Diplomat||International|
|Installments per year||3||3|
|Tuition per installment||$9,550.87||$16,755.15|
|Minimum installments assessed for program completion||3||3|
|Int. Tuition Award (ITA) per year (if eligible)||Not applicable|
|Other Fees and Costs|
|Student Fees (yearly)||$930.14 (approx.)|
|Costs of living (yearly)||starting at $16,884.10 (check cost calculator)|
|Deposit to accept offer (if admitted)|
All fees for the year are subject to adjustment and UBC reserves the right to change any fees without notice at any time, including tuition and student fees. In case of a discrepancy between this webpage and the UBC Calendar, the UBC Calendar entry will be held to be correct.