The most important source for copyright information is the Copyright at UBC website, particularly the section on Theses and Dissertations. Information on the Copyright at UBC website is kept up to date by the UBC Copyright Advisory Group.
For more information about Canadian copyright requirements and Creative Commons licences, see:
- Harris, Lesley Ellen, Canadian Copyright Law. Toronto: McGraw-Hill Ryerson, c2001. Edition 3rd ed.
- Library and Archives Canada
- Canadian Intellectual Property Office
- BC Government Intellectual Property Program
- cIRcle FAQ: Copyright and Permissions
- UBC using Creative Commons licensing
- Citing Elders and Knowledge Keepers