Chinten James Lim
Relevant Degree Programs
Affiliations to Research Centres, Institutes & Clusters
Integrin cell adhesion in chemotherapeutic resistance. Immunogenic cell death. Cardiomyocyte biology. Pediatric oncology.
Complete these steps before you reach out to a faculty member!
- Familiarize yourself with program requirements. You want to learn as much as possible from the information available to you before you reach out to a faculty member. Be sure to visit the graduate degree program listing and program-specific websites.
- Check whether the program requires you to seek commitment from a supervisor prior to submitting an application. For some programs this is an essential step while others match successful applicants with faculty members within the first year of study. This is either indicated in the program profile under "Admission Information & Requirements" - "Prepare Application" - "Supervision" or on the program website.
- Identify specific faculty members who are conducting research in your specific area of interest.
- Establish that your research interests align with the faculty member’s research interests.
- Read up on the faculty members in the program and the research being conducted in the department.
- Familiarize yourself with their work, read their recent publications and past theses/dissertations that they supervised. Be certain that their research is indeed what you are hoping to study.
- Compose an error-free and grammatically correct email addressed to your specifically targeted faculty member, and remember to use their correct titles.
- Do not send non-specific, mass emails to everyone in the department hoping for a match.
- Address the faculty members by name. Your contact should be genuine rather than generic.
- Include a brief outline of your academic background, why you are interested in working with the faculty member, and what experience you could bring to the department. The supervision enquiry form guides you with targeted questions. Ensure to craft compelling answers to these questions.
- Highlight your achievements and why you are a top student. Faculty members receive dozens of requests from prospective students and you may have less than 30 seconds to pique someone’s interest.
- Demonstrate that you are familiar with their research:
- Convey the specific ways you are a good fit for the program.
- Convey the specific ways the program/lab/faculty member is a good fit for the research you are interested in/already conducting.
- Be enthusiastic, but don’t overdo it.
G+PS regularly provides virtual sessions that focus on admission requirements and procedures and tips how to improve your application.
- A cross‐standardized flow cytometry platform to assess phenotypic stability in B‐ALL xenografts (2021)
Cytometry Part A,
- FAM13A as potential therapeutic target in modulating TGF-beta-induced airway tissue remodeling in COPD (2021)
American Journal of Physiology-Lung Cellular and Molecular Physiology,
- PDX models reflect the proteome landscape of pediatric acute lymphoblastic leukemia but divert in select pathways (2021)
Journal of Experimental & Clinical Cancer Research, 40 (1)
- Autocrine IL-6/STAT3 signaling aids development of acquired drug resistance in Group 3 medulloblastoma (2020)
Cell Death & Disease, 11 (12)
- CD47 (Cluster of differentiation 47): an anti-phagocytic receptor with a multitude of signaling functions (2020)
Animal Cells and Systems, 24 (5), 243--252
- Co-culture of induced pluripotent stem cells with cardiomyocytes is sufficient to promote their differentiation into cardiomyocytes (2020)
- Peptide analogues PKHB1 and 4N1K induce cell death through CD47‐independent mechanisms (2020)
Cancer Science, 111 (3), 1028--1030
- Integrins and ERp57 Coordinate to Regulate Cell Surface Calreticulin in Immunogenic Cell Death (2019)
Frontiers in Oncology,
- Tailoring the homing capacity of human Tregs for directed migration to sites of Th1‐inflammation or intestinal regions (2019)
American Journal of Transplantation,
- CD47-ligation induced cell death in T-acute lymphoblastic leukemia (2018)
Cell Death & Disease, 9 (5)
- Combination therapy with proteasome inhibitors and TLR agonists enhances tumour cell death and IL-1β production (2018)
Cell Death & Disease, 9 (2)
- Reactive oxygen species stress increases accumulation of tyrosyl-DNA phsosphodiesterase 1 within mitochondria (2018)
Scientific Reports, 8 (1)
- Tumor Variant Identification That Accounts for the Unique Molecular Landscape of Pediatric Malignancies (2018)
JNCI Cancer Spectrum, 2 (4)
- Switching Cyclic Nucleotide-Selective Activation of Cyclic Adenosine Monophosphate-Dependent Protein Kinase Holoenzyme Reveals Distinct Roles of Tandem Cyclic Nucleotide-Binding Domains (2017)
ACS Chemical Biology, 12 (12), 3057--3066
- A magnetically actuated cellular strain assessment tool for quantitative analysis of strain induced cellular reorientation and actin alignment (2016)
Rev. Sci. Instrum., 87 (8), 085004
- Janus films with stretchable and waterproof properties for wound care and drug delivery applications (2016)
RSC Adv., 6 (83), 79900--79909
- Magnetically actuated microstructured surfaces can actively modify cell migration behaviour (2016)
Biomedical Microdevices, 18 (1)
- α-Integrin expression and function modulates presentation of cell surface calreticulin (2016)
Cell Death Dis, 7, e2268
- Application of periodic loads on cells from magnetic micropillar arrays impedes cellular migration (2015)
2015 28th IEEE International Conference on Micro Electro Mechanical Systems (MEMS),
- Rational design of a PKA-based sensor for cGMP (2015)
BMC Pharmacology and Toxicology, 16 (Suppl), A64
- Arginase activity in alternatively activated macrophages protects PI3Kp110 delta deficient mice from dextran sodium sulfate induced intestinal inflammation (2014)
European Journal of Immunology, 44 (11), 3353-3367
- CD47-Independent Effects Mediated by the TSP-Derived 4N1K Peptide. (2014)
PloS one, 9 (5), e98358
- Spatial regulation of Aurora A activity during mitotic spindle assembly requires RHAMM to correctly localize TPX2 (2014)
Cell Cycle, 13 (14), 2248-2261
- The Membrane Proximal KxGFFKR Motif of α-Integrin Mediates Chemoresistance (2013)
Mol Cell Biol,
- Two modes of integrin activation form a binary molecular switch in adhesion maturation. (2013)
Molecular biology of the cell, 24 (9), 1354-62
- Protein Tyrosine Phosphatase alpha Phosphotyrosyl-789 Binds BCAR3 To Position Cas for Activation at Integrin-Mediated Focal Adhesions (2012)
Molecular and Cellular Biology, 32 (18), 3776-3789
- The Conserved Kxgffkr Motif of alpha-Integrin Cytoplasmic Tail Mediates Chemoresistance to Doxorubicin in T-Cell Leukemia (2012)
Blood, 120 (21)
- beta Integrin Tyrosine Phosphorylation Is a Conserved Mechanism for Regulating Talin-induced Integrin Activation (2009)
Journal of Biological Chemistry, 284 (52), 36700-36710
- RIAM Activates Integrins by Linking Talin to Ras GTPase Membrane-targeting Sequences (2009)
Journal of Biological Chemistry, 284 (8), 5119-5127
- Slit2-Robo4 signalling promotes vascular stability by blocking Arf6 activity (2009)
Nature Cell Biology, 11 (11), 1325-U146
- Integrin-mediated Protein Kinase A Activation at the Leading Edge of Migrating Cells (2008)
Molecular Biology of the Cell, 19 (11), 4930-4941
- alpha 4 integrins are Type I cAMP-dependent protein kinase-anchoring proteins (2007)
Nature Cell Biology, 9 (4), 415-U96
- On the yellow brick road to platelet GP IIb-IIIa (Integrin alpha IIb beta 3) activation. (2006)
Blood, 108 (11), 67A
- Reconstructing and deconstructing agonist-induced activation of integrin alpha IIb beta 3 (2006)
Current Biology, 16 (18), 1796-1806
- Assignment of sockeye salmon (Oncorhynchus nerka) to spawning sites using DNA markers (2005)
Marine Biotechnology, 7 (5), 440-448
- Loss of the Dictyostelium RasC protein alters vegetative cell size, motility and endocytosis (2005)
Experimental Cell Research, 306 (1), 47-55
- Chemoattractant-induced Ras activation during Dictyostelium aggregation (2004)
Embo Reports, 5 (6), 602-606
- RasC plays a role in transduction of temporal gradient information in the Cyclic-AMP wave of Dictyostelium discoideum (2004)
Eukaryotic Cell, 3 (3), 646-662
- Cytoskeletal regulation by Dictyostelium Ras subfamily proteins (2002)
Journal of Muscle Research and Cell Motility, 23 (7-8), 729-736
- RasC is required for optimal activation of adenylyl cyclase and Akt/PKB during aggregation (2001)
Embo Journal, 20 (16), 4490-4499
- Efficient detection of DNA polymorphisms by fluorescent RAPD analysis (1997)
Biotechniques, 22 (4), 690-&
- Production of androgenetic zebrafish (Danio rerio) (1996)
Genetics, 142 (4), 1265-1276