As a postdoctoral fellow in the Kobor lab, I am currently expanding my research to understand the biological embedding of early social experience through epigenetic pathways, specifically DNA methylation and epigenetic aging, and its impact on children’s health and development. I am also interested in understanding how culture, ethnic and racial identities may shape DNA methylation above and beyond genetic ancestry. My research goal is to further our understanding of the impact of social environment on children’s health, development, and epigenetics across race/ethnicity/culture.
Children's socioemotional development
Advanced quantitative research method (Structural equation modelling, multilevel modelling, longitudinal analysis)
qualitative research method
Mixed Methods Research
secondary data analysis
psychometrics (measurement invariance, reliability, validity)
Research Centres, Clusters, Institutes
I am available and interested in collaborations (e.g. clusters, grants).
I am interested in and conduct interdisciplinary research.
- Cross‐cultural equivalence of parental ratings of child difficulties during the pandemic: Findings from a six‐site study (2022)
International Journal of Methods in Psychiatric Research,
- Dynamic, bidirectional influences of children’s emotions and maternal regulatory strategies. (2021)
- A naturalistic study of parental emotion socialization: Unique contributions of fathers. (2020)
Journal of Family Psychology,
- Are older adults in Hong Kong “living in history” in their autobiographical memories? (2020)
Applied Cognitive Psychology,
- Measurement Invariance Across Age Groups and Over 20 Years’ Time of the Negative and Positive Affect Scale (NAPAS) (2020)
European Journal of Psychological Assessment, 36 (4), 537--544
- Parental mental-state talk and false belief understanding in Hong Kong children (2020)
- Can the Testing Effect for General Knowledge Facts Be Influenced by Distraction due to Divided Attention or Experimentally Induced Anxious Mood? (2019)
- Mother's emotion coaching and preschooler's emotionality: Moderation by maternal parenting stress (2019)
Journal of Applied Developmental Psychology,
- Yawning Detection Sensitivity and Yawning Contagion (2017)
i-Perception, 8 (4), 204166951772679
If this is your researcher profile you can log in to the Faculty & Staff portal to update your details.