The interplay between epigenetic marks during early mouse development, specifically focussing on epigenetic reprogramming in the early embryo in the context of developmental disorders and syndromes.
Basic molecular biology techniques: cloning, (q)PCR, WB, IF, DNA/RNA extraction, cell culture (cancer cells and mESCs)
Research Centres, Clusters, Institutes
I am available and interested in collaborations (e.g. clusters, grants).
I am interested in and conduct interdisciplinary research.
I am interested in working with undergraduate students on research projects.
- Interplay between chromatin marks in development and disease (2022)
Nature Reviews Genetics,
- Repression of germline genes by PRC1.6 and SETDB1 in the early embryo precedes DNA methylation-mediated silencing (2021)
- BORIS/CTCFL promotes a switch from a proliferative towards an invasive phenotype in melanoma cells (2020)
Cell Death Discovery, 6 (1)
- BORIS/CTCFL promotes a switch from a proliferative towards an invasive phenotype in melanoma cell lines (2019)
- Reduced Euchromatin histone methyltransferase 1 causes developmental delay, hypotonia, and cranial abnormalities associated with increased bone gene expression in Kleefstra syndrome mice (2014)
- Hippocampal dysfunction in the Euchromatin histone methyltransferase 1 heterozygous knockout mouse model for Kleefstra syndrome (2013)
Human Molecular Genetics,