What is TCPS? Who needs to know about TCPS? Where is information on TCPS?
- TCPS is an abbreviation for Tri-Council Policy Statement: Ethical Conduct for Research involving Humans - TCPS 2 (2018).
- The TCPS CORE tutorial is a requirement for all researchers, graduate students and staff working on UBC research projects. The direct link is http://tcps2core.ca/welcome.
- For full details of the TCPS 2 (2018) guidelines go to http://www.pre.ethics.gc.ca/eng/policy-politique_tcps2-eptc2_2018.html
- All human participant research at UBC must adhere to TCPS guidelines. TCPS covers research involving human participants in person, by mail-out or internet. TCPS also applies to research involving human tissue and personal data collected from human participants.
- All research proposals involving human participants need ethical approval before the research starts. Please visit the Research Ethics website for guidance, policies and contact information: https://ethics.research.ubc.ca.