What is TCPS? Who needs to know about TCPS? Where is information on TCPS?
- TCPS is an abbreviation for Tri-Council Policy Statement for Ethical Conduct for Research involving Humans.
- Now there is a new online tutorial for TCPS. It is an excellent educational tool and particularly useful for new researchers and graduate students. The direct link is www.pre.ethics.gc.ca/english/tutorial
- For full details of the TCPS guidelines go to http://www.pre.ethics.gc.ca/eng/education/tutorial-didacticiel/
- All human subject research at UBC must adhere to TCPS guidelines. TCPS covers research involving the recruitment of human subjects in person, by mail-out or internet. TCPS also applies to research involving human tissue and personal data collected on human subjects.
- All research proposals involving human subjects need ethical approval before the research starts. Please check out the information relating to the UBC Research Ethics Boards by visiting http://www.ors.ubc.ca/home