As a graduate student, your relationship with your supervisor is key to the success of your degree program.
It’s worthwhile investing time and energy up front before establishing a relationship with a graduate supervisor. This section of the handbook will help you answer the following questions:
- What are your graduate program's specific requirements for supervision?
- Have you chosen a subject for study?
- Have you researched different potential supervisors?
- Have you figured out what different potential supervisors expect from you?
- Have you found a supervisor or has one been assigned to you?
- Do you know if you and your supervisor are a good match?