- Canadian Association for Graduate Studies, 2008 Guiding Principles for Graduate Student Supervision
- Committee on Science, Engineering, and Public Policy. (1997). Adviser, Teacher, Role Model, Friend: On Being a Mentor to Students in Science and Engineering. National Academy of Sciences, National Academy of Engineering, and Institute of Medicine. Retrieved from www.nap.edu/readingroom/books/mentor/index.html
- DeNeef, L. & King, M.F. (2009) Research Student and Supervisor. Council of Graduate Schools, Washington, D.C.*
- James, R. & Baldwin, G. (1999). Eleven practices of effective postgraduate supervisors. The Centre for the Study of Higher Education and the School of Graduate Studies, University of Melbourne.
- King, M.F. (2003). On the Right Track: A Manual for Research Mentors. Council of Graduate Schools, Washington, D.C.*
- Lee, A., Dennis, C., & Campbell, P. (2007). Nature’s guide for mentors. Nature, 447 (7146), 791-797.
- Rackham Graduate School (2006). How to Mentor Graduate Students: A Guide for Faculty at a Diverse University. Rackham Graduate School, University of Michigan. Retrieved from https://rackham.umich.edu/wp-content/uploads/2018/11/Fmentoring.pdf
- Skarakis-Doyle, E, & McIntyre, G. (2008) Western guide to graduate supervision. University of Western Ontario Teaching Support Centre: 360° Graduate Student Development Initiative. Retrieved from http://grad.uwo.ca/documentation/purple_guide_supervision.pdf
- University of British Columbia. Handbook of Graduate Supervision. Retrieved from http://www.grad.ubc.ca/handbook-graduate-supervision
*Hardcopies available from UBC Faculty of Graduate Studies