Held at UBC's Jack Poole Hall on 29 September 2017, the Symposium brought together noted scholars, community partners, practitioners, and students to discuss the future of doctoral education.
The main recommendations that emerged from the Symposium are:
- Continuing the 'awareness campaign' about the need for and efforts towards reimagining the doctorate education;
- Encouraging the involvement of appropriate supervisory and examining committee members from outside the academy;
- Creating more opportunities for transdisciplinary and collaborative scholarship
- Developing assessment and learning frameworks and;
- Recognizing the value of public-facing scholarship in faculty reward systems.
The recommendations and more can be found in the Symposium Report.