Date & Time
Registration Closed / Past Event
Cover letters are a potential opportunity to highlight your motivation and experiences. This session will cover:
- Formatting, structure and common challenges
- How to describe your motivation and connection to the role
- How to describe accomplishments and experiences
Career Workshop Series. Participants will benefit from attending multiple workshops in the series, but they can choose to attend only those that best fit their interests and availability.
- January 17th: Resumes for Students in Research-Based Programs
- January 24th: Resumes for Students in Course-Based Programs
- March 20th: Interviews
- April 10: Negotiating Job Offers
- April 25: Academic CV
Danielle Barkley, PhD, is a Career Educator who works with the UBC Career Centre to support graduate students at UBC. She completed her PhD in English literature at McGill University and has previous experience as a university instructor and writing consultant.
General registration is open on Monday, February 5th at 9 am.
Registration is open to current UBC graduate students. After registering, you will receive a confirmation email at the e-mail associated with your community.grad.ubc.ca account. If you experience any difficulty using the online registration tool, please e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please email us if you are registered and are no longer able to attend this event.