The Faculty of Graduate and Postdoctoral Studies will provide electronic copies of applications submitted by their current and prospective students to UBC graduate programs shortly after the applicant deadline. Graduate programs are to review their applications for eligibility and completeness, rank their applications, and select their nominees.
Transcripts for applicants should be collected by graduate programs. Transcript requirements are described under "Application Procedures" above. Please make sure that transcripts are legible and that transcript key/legend is included. If the international transcripts are not presented in one of Canada’s two official languages (English or French), please include a certified translation, separated from the original transcripts by a blank page.
A complete nomination package will consist of the following:
- Cover memo listing nominated applications in rank order (only required from graduate programs submitting more than one nominee)
- Nomination letter for each nominee
- 2 pages maximum
- Signed by the Department Head or Program Director, on the institution's letterhead
- If submitting more than one nominee, do not include internal graduate program ranking in the nomination letter
- The Doctoral Studies Timeline form previously provided by each nominee (see ' Application Procedures' for details).
- A complete set of official, up to date post-secondary transcripts (both sides scanned, arranged in order from most recent to oldest). Format: PDF, with a separate file for each nominee
Please follow our file naming conventions:
- cover memo - Vanier_PROGRAM_memo (e.g., Vanier_MEDG_memo.pdf)
- nomination letter - Vanier_AGENCY_PROGRAM_LastName_FirstName_Nomination.pdf (for example, Jane Xu from Medical Genetics who is applying for CIHR Vanier - Vanier_CIHR_MEDG_Xu_Jane_Nomination.pdf)
- doctoral studies timeline form - Vanier_AGENCY_PROGRAM_LastName_FirstName_Timeline.pdf (ex. Vanier_CIHR_MEDG_Xu_Jane_Timeline.pdf)
- transcripts - Vanier_AGENCY_PROGRAM_LastName_FirstName_Transcripts.pdf (ex. Vanier_CIHR_MEDG_Xu_Jane_Transcripts.pdf)
Additional resources for graduate programs will be posted in August 2020.
Graduate programs are required to review their applicants and submit their nominees to the Faculty of Graduate and Postdoctoral Studies by 4:00pm on Tuesday, 22 September 2020. The cover memo, nomination letters, doctoral studies timeline form, and transcript files are to be submitted by programs using the UBC Workspace folder set up by G+PS.