SRK Graduate Scholarship
SRK Consulting (Canada) Inc. offers a graduate scholarship with the intent to assist students undertaking graduate studies in mining industry related areas.
- have an appropriate undergraduate degree
- be legally entitled to study in Canada
- be accepted to a scientific or engineering MSc or PhD program in Canada that is related to the mining industry, including:
- Mining and mineral process engineering
- Exploration and mining geology
- Hydrotechnical and geotechnical engineering
- Hydrogeology and geochemistry
- Tailings and mine waste management
- Environmental science and engineering
Compile an application package that includes the following:
a) Brief resume (no more than two pages) including work experience details
b) Academic transcripts
c) Written statement (500 words or less) outlining
- Topic and summary of the intended graduate research
- Applicability of the research to the mining industry
- Benefit to be obtained from the scholarship
- Applicant’s desire to work in the mining industry
- Other information the applicant considers relevant to their application
d) Written recommendation (including contact information) by a university or other industry reference
e) List of other awards or scholarships received and/or applied for
Submit the completed application package via email to Tyla Hay at firstname.lastname@example.org prior to the closing date.
Recipients will be chosen by a scholarship panel who may request short-listed applicants to present their application formally.
Applicants will be assessed on the following criteria:
- Academic achievement as evidenced by their academic record
- Prior industry experience (if applicable)
- Relevance of future studies to the mining industry
Recipients will be notified by September 10, 2018.