Soroptimist Foundation of Canada Grants for Women Graduate Students
The Soroptimist Foundation of Canada annually offers four $7,500 grants (two in Eastern Canada and two in Western Canada) to female graduate students in Canada to assist them with university studies that will qualify them for careers that will improve the quality of women’s lives. Examples include but are not limited to: providing medical services, providing legal counselling and assistance, counselling mature women entering or re-entering the labour market, counselling women in crisis, counselling and training women for non-traditional employment, and positions in women’s centres.
- A Canadian citizen or permanent resident.
- An accepted registrant in a full-time graduate studies program (Masters or PhD) or professional program at a similar level (medicine, law) in an accredited Canadian university, at the time of the application deadline. Note ineligible conditions: BA level studies, a medical residency program, attending a college that is not affiliated with a Canadian university.
- Pursuing a course of studies which will lead to a career to improve the quality of women’s lives.
- Committed to working in Canada for at least two years after graduation.
- Intending to use the award for academic studies in the academic year following receipt of award.
- Contributing to your community through volunteer service.
- Needing financial assistance.