Queen Elizabeth Scholars
This funding opportunity is for faculty members, rather than students.
The Queen Elizabeth Scholars (QES) program was created to improve global talent exchange between Canada and other nations. The 2019 QES competition will support projects in Latin America and the Caribbean that focus on education, social services and health. Each Canadian university may submit one multi-year project proposal seeking funding of up to $300,000.
Projects will support international internships for Canadian students and/or scholarships for incoming international graduate students. All QES funded activities must be for academic credit. Proposals must demonstrate a partnership between a Canadian university and a partner institution/organization in at least one of the eligible countries. Priority will be given to project proposals that focus on diversity and inclusion and which offer innovative solutions to complex community issues.
Eligible partnership countries:
- Antigua and Barbuda
- British Virgin Islands
- Cayman Islands
- Dominican Republic
- El Salvador
- Saint Lucia
- St Kitts and Nevis
- St Vincent and the Grenadines
- Trinidad and Tobago
- Turks and Caicos
Those who wish to submit a QES project proposal must submit a Letter of Intent using the form below to firstname.lastname@example.org by 4:00pm on Friday 11 October. Letters of intent will be reviewed by a committee convened by the Faculty of Graduate and Postdoctoral Studies and the Office of Vice-Provost International. One project will be selected to complete a full proposal by 1 November.
- 11 October 2019 - deadline for letters of intent submitted to G+PS (see below)
- 18 October 2019 - UBC proposal selected=
- 1 November 2019 - Full UBC proposal is complete
- 4 November 2019 - UBC proposal submitted to Universities Canada
- Late 2019/Early 2020 - applicants will be notified of the competition results
- 1 April 2020 - approved projects activities anticipated to begin
- 31 December 2024 - all project activity and final project reports must be submitted
QES 2019 website - https://www.univcan.ca/programs-and-scholarships/queen-elizabeth-scholars/
QES 2019 Guidelines - https://www.univcan.ca/wp-content/uploads/2019/09/QES-2019-guidelines-1.pdf
QES-specific questions can be directed to Jeanne Gallagher (phone: 613-563-1236 ext. 355, email: QES2019@univcan.ca)