PEO Scholar Award
The P.E.O. Scholar Awards are one-time, competitive, merit-based awards intended to recognize and encourage academic excellence and achievement by women in doctoral-level programs. These awards provide partial support for study and research.
P.E.O. Scholars have demonstrated their ability to make significant contributions in their chosen field of study, having assumed leadership positions in university academics, scientific research, medicine, law, performing arts, international economics, history, literature, government and other demanding fields.
To be eligible for a P.E.O. Scholar Award, you must meet the following requirements:
- be a citizen or legal permanent resident of the United States or Canada
- have earned, at minimum, a bachelor's degree
- be a female student that is within two years of graduating from a doctoral program and have at least one full academic year of work remaining in August of the year you are awarded
- be enrolled in full-time doctoral-level study at an accredited U.S. or Canadian post-secondary institution during the entire academic year of the award
Please see the PEO website for complete eligibility requirements.
Please see the PEO website for complete evaluation criteria.
Interested applicants cannot apply directly to this award; they must be nominated by a local PEO chapter.
- Contact PEO BC; they will direct you to a local PEO chapter that will consider nominating you for the PEO Scholars Award.
- If your local PEO chapter expresses interest, meet with your local PEO chapter to discuss your potential nomination for the PEO Scholars Award.
- If selected by a local PEO chapter to be nominated for the PEO Scholars Award, the PEO local chapter will submit your nomination to the PEO international organization by November 20.
- After your nomination is submitted to the PEO international organization, you will have 45 days to complete and submit your full application for the PEO Scholars Award.