Bullitt Environmental Fellowship
Bullitt Environmental Fellowship is awarded each year to an outstanding graduate student at a university in the Pacific Northwest who has a strong academic record, a demonstrated capacity for leadership, the promise of emerging as an environmental leader, and a faculty nomination. Students of color, those who come from a disadvantaged background, or who have overcome significant hardship are highly encouraged to apply for this award. The Fellowship was established in honor of Priscilla Bullitt Collins, the late chair of the Bullitt Foundation and carries an award of $100,000, distributed over two years.
Eligible applicants must first secure a recommendation from a faculty member. Only faculty recommended applications will be considered.
Eligible applicants will be:
- Currently enrolled in a graduate candidate program, not restricted to environmental studies
- Prepared to demonstrate a strong desire and capacity for leadership
- Seeking leadership opportunities to make substantial contributions to the environmental field
- January 1: Applications may be started through The Bullitt Foundation's Online Application Portal
- April 1: application submission deadline
- June: selected finalists are interviewed
- September: the Fellowship winner is announced at an award dinner