With the start of a new term and the arrival of new graduate students on campus, UBC Graduate and Postdoctoral Studies (G+PS) has a variety of orientation events to enjoy.
In addition to the main Welcome Day events on August 31, G+PS is also offering an event for Indigenous graduate students later in September. The Graduate Student Society (GSS) is hosting a pancake brunch and campus tours, as well as a Family Day event at Acadia Park for graduate students with children. Other events include bowling, board games, theatre, and socials. Visit the orientation.grad.ubc.ca website for full details.
GradStart Welcome Day
Thursday, August 31
12:30 - 4:15 'GradStart Welcome'
- All sessions will be hosted in person with live-streaming options.
- 12:30 – 2 pm International Student Welcome
- 2 – 2:30 pm Break and arrival of domestic students
- 2:30 – 4:15 pm Graduate and Postdoctoral Studies Welcome
- Location: Chan Centre for the Performing Arts
4:15 – 6 pm ‘The Social’ Outdoor Fair
- There will be door prizes, live music, and games! Join this outdoor fair social event to say hi to your graduate peers and make some new friends!
- Location: Main Mall, near W. Robert Wyman Plaza
6 – 9 pm GSS Koerner’s Social
- Come to meet and mingle with other graduate students! Food, music, social!
- Location: Koerner’s Pub, 1758 West Mall
- Note: This is a ticketed event
Livestream and registration links, as well as information on how to buy tickets for GSS ticketed events is available on the orientation.grad.ubc.ca website.
Share your #UBCGradJourney on social media and let us know what orientation events you attend!
And as a reminder, if you haven’t yet, please be sure to login in to our graduate student forums at community.grad.ubc.ca. Login with your Campus-Wide Login (CWL) to find announcements, events, opportunities, and start conversations with fellow grad students.
Welcome to graduate studies!