UBC Postdoctoral fellows and research associates will be presenting at the 2nd annual 3 Minute Postdoc Slam (3MPS)
Members of the public and the UBC community are invited to attend!
3MPS is a university-wide friendly competition where competitors have 1 static slide and 3 minutes to explain the breadth and significance of their postdoctoral research to a non-specialist audience. Our event will be modeled after the UBC Grad Studies 3 Minute Thesis event, with a few adjustments. 3 Minute Thesis originated at the University of Queensland in 2008.
Here are the rules :
- A single static PowerPoint slide is permitted. No slide transitions, animations or 'movement' of any description are allowed.
- No additional electronic media (e.g. sound and video files) are permitted.
- No additional props (e.g. laser pointers, costumes, musical instruments, laboratory equipment) are permitted.
- Presentations are limited to 3 minutes maximum, strictly enforced.
- Presentations may be in the form of spoken words, poems, raps or songs.
Winners will be eligible for cash prizes!Location:
Room LSC3 - Life Sciences Institute - 2350 Health Sciences Mall
UBC Postdoc Assoication (PDA)
Thursday, May 8, 2014 - 4:00pm - 6:00pm
Please arrive on time - a reception to follow.
Information for participants can be found in the Postdocs section of this website.