The Editors Perspective - The Ins and Outs of Publishing
Date & Time
Registration Closed / Past Event
Writing and sharing your research is an essential part of academic knowledge dissemination, and there are many ways to share your work both within academic journals and for the general public. Navigating the publishing process can be challenging, and you’ll have to make decisions and trade-offs with those decisions. The publishing process also differs from discipline to discipline and even within disciplines depending on your research focus. In this session, we’ll explore the publishing process with journal editors from various fields.
Our panelists will cover:
• The nuances of writing for different publications and disciplines
• What their journals look for in research submissions
• Elements of a successful article
• The peer-review process
There will be opportunity for Q&A.
Moderator: Ritwik Bhattacharjee, Editor in Chief for Mantle: The Annual Review of Interdisciplinary Research (the student-run and peer-reviewed online journal at UBC)
• Dr. Jennifer Jakobi, on the Editorial Board for Applied Physiology, Nutrition, and Metabolism
• Dr. William Cheung, Subject Editor with Global Change Biology
• Dr. Kai Ostwald, Associate Editor (Southeast Asia) at Pacific Affairs
General registration opens on Monday, June 5th at 9 am.
This session is open UBC graduate students and postdoctoral fellows. After registering, you will receive a confirmation email through Qualtrics. If you experience any difficulty using the online registration tool, please e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please email us if you are registered and can no longer attend this event.