Getting the Most Out of your Academic Experience: Designing your Grad School/ Career Strategy
Date & Time
Graduate students today have a plethora of academic and professional obligations as well as opportunities they may engage in during their graduate journey. There are also many ways to define success both within and after graduate school.
• How do you choose which opportunities to take advantage of?
• Are you setting yourself up to succeed in your intended career path after graduate school?
• Do you even know that path?
Join this interactive workshop to take the lead of your education and hone your career intentions! The session will help you to:
• develop or enhance your academic plan for completing your graduate degree,
• explore possibilities and design your career path,
• build a road map for navigating the many opportunities available, and
• establish strategies for attaining your professional objectives.
Jacqui Brinkman, MSc, is the Director of Graduate Student Professional Development at Graduate and Postdoctoral Studies. Through this role, she works to improve the graduate student experience. Previously, she has managed postdoctoral and undergraduate programs in the Faculty of Medicine and was as a lab-based researcher both within academia and industry. She completed her MSc in Biology at McGill University.
Danielle Barkley, PhD, is a Career Educator who works with the UBC Career Centre to support graduate students at UBC. She completed her PhD in English literature at McGill University and has previous experience as a university instructor and writing consultant.
General registration opens on Monday, May 15th at 9 am.
This session is open UBC graduate students. After registering, you will receive a confirmation email through Qualtrics. If you experience any difficulty using the online registration tool, please e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please email us if you are registered and can no longer attend this event.
If you have a disability or medical condition that may affect your full participation in the event, please email email@example.com, 604-827-4578, well in advance of the event.