Neonatal T Cell Metabolism: I am investigating the metabolic differences between adult and neonatal naive CD4 T cells. Our preliminary results suggest that adult CD4 T cells are more mitochondrially active than CD4 T cells from term and pre-term neonates. We hypothesize that these differences in metabolic function may be result in differences in immune function that can modulate infection. I have been recently awarded a CIHR postdoctoral fellowship for this project.
Lung Development in Congential Diaphragmatic Hernia: Congential diaphragmatic hernia is a hole in the diaphragm that causes internal organs to impinge on the growth of the lungs. However, the contribution of mechanical and molecular mechanisms to lung hypoplasia remains unclear. Using archival pathology specimens of hypoplastic CDH lungs, we aim to investigate whether the expression of lung development genes is adversely affected in CDH. Our project team has been awarded a Clinical & Translational Research Seed Grant and a Department of Pathology & Laboratory Medicine Seed Grant to answer this question.
Neutralization of SARS-CoV-2 in a Canada-wide Cohort: The COVID-19 Occupational Risks, Seroprevalence and Immunity among Paramedics (CORSIP) project helps identify immunological characteristics of serum from paramedics across Canada. I contribute to the characterization of these samples.
Research Centres, Clusters, Institutes
- Comparative 6-Month Wild-Type and Delta-Variant Antibody Levels and Surrogate Neutralization for Adults Vaccinated with BNT162b2 versus mRNA-1273 (2022)
- Almost famous: Human adenoviruses (and what they have taught us about cancer) (2021)
Tumour Virus Research, 12, 200225
- Metabolic Control by DNA Tumor Virus-Encoded Proteins (2021)
- Differential Effects of Human Adenovirus E1A Protein Isoforms on Aerobic Glycolysis in A549 Human Lung Epithelial Cells (2020)
- Survival-Associated Metabolic Genes in Human Papillomavirus-Positive Head and Neck Cancers (2020)
- Metabolic Reprogramming of the Host Cell by Human Adenovirus Infection (2019)
Viruses, 11 (2), 141
- Viral Appropriation: Laying Claim to Host Nuclear Transport Machinery (2019)
- Rapid Nuclear Exclusion of Hcm1 in Aging Saccharomyces cerevisiae Leads to Vacuolar Alkalization and Replicative Senescence (2018)
G3: Genes, Genomes, Genetics, 8 (5), 1579--1592
- A Genome Scale Screen for Mutants with Delayed Exit from Mitosis: Ire1-Independent Induction of Autophagy Integrates ER Homeostasis into Mitotic Lifespan (2015)
PLOS Genetics, 11 (8), 1-21
- Technique: imaging earliest tooth development in 3D using a silver-based tissue contrast agent (2014)
The Anatomical Record, 297 (2), 222--233
- The Anaphase Promoting Complex Regulates Yeast Lifespan and rDNA Stability by Targeting Fob1 for Degradation (2014)
Genetics, 196 (3), 693--709
- Postoperative complications following colectomy for ulcerative colitis: A validation study (2012)
BMC Gastroenterology, 12 (1), 39
- Proof-of-principle for SERS imaging of Aspergillus nidulans hyphae using in vivo synthesis of gold nanoparticles (2012)
Analyst, 137, 4934-4942
- Postoperative Complications and Mortality Following Colectomy for Ulcerative Colitis (2011)
Clinical Gastroenterology and Hepatology, 9 (11), 972 - 980
If this is your researcher profile you can log in to the Faculty & Staff portal to update your details.