My current research focuses on child and adolescent mental health and service utilisation. Using the MyHEARTSMAP virtual assessment tool, we look at the psychosocial status of youth in British Columbia during the COVID-19 pandemic and their ability to access social support services and mental health resources.
My previous postdoctoral work with Dr. Bill Honer (UBC Psychiatry) has involved evaluating the presence of cerebral small vessel disease for individuals experiencing homelessness in Vancouver's Downtown Eastside.
My doctoral research with Dr. Donna Lang (UBC Radiology) studied the impact of a twelve-week exercise intervention on neuroplasticity and symptom severity for individuals with chronic schizophrenia and early psychosis.
Research Centres, Clusters, Institutes
- Dynamic networks of psychotic symptoms in adults living in precarious housing or homelessness (2021)
Psychological Medicine, , 1--11
- Amygdala Nuclei Volumes Are Selectively Associated With Social Network Size in Homeless and Precariously Housed Persons (2020)
Frontiers in Behavioral Neuroscience, 14
- Cerebral Small Vessel Disease, Risk Factors, and Cognition in Tenants of Precarious Housing (2020)
- Decreased medial entorhinal cortical thickness in olanzapine exposed female rats is not ameliorated by exercise (2020)
Pharmacology Biochemistry and Behavior, 188
- Medial temporal lobe cortical changes in response to exercise interventions in people with early psychosis: A randomized controlled trial (2020)
- Cognitive Impairment in Marginally Housed Youth: Prevalence and Risk Factors (2019)
Frontiers in Public Health, 7
- Clinical and functional characteristics of young adults living in single room occupancy housing: preliminary findings from a 10-year longitudinal study (2018)
Canadian Journal of Public Health, 109 (2), 204-214
- Hippocampal volume and vasculature before and after exercise in treatment-resistant schizophrenia (2018)
Schizophrenia Research, 202, 158-165
- Reduced cardiovascular fitness associated with exposure to clozapine in individuals with chronic schizophrenia (2018)
Psychiatry Research, 262, 28-33
- Heart-rate response to alpha 2 -adrenergic receptor antagonism by antipsychotics (2017)
Clinical Autonomic Research, 27 (6), 407-410
- Pharmacological inhibition of O-GlcNAcase (OGA) prevents cognitive decline and amyloid plaque formation in bigenic tau/APP mutant mice (2014)
Molecular Neurodegeneration, 9 (1), 42