Neuromodulation of taste and nutrient sensing in Drosophila
Metabolism, diet, neural circuits, gustation, energy homeostasis, neurophysiology
I am available and interested in collaborations (e.g. clusters, grants).
I am interested in and conduct interdisciplinary research.
I am interested in working with undergraduate students on research projects.
- Mechanisms of lactic acid gustatory attraction in Drosophila (2021)
- Modulation of taste sensitivity by the olfactory system in Drosophila (2021)
- Aerobic Glycolysis in the Frontal Cortex Correlates with Memory Performance in Wild-Type Mice But Not the APP/PS1 Mouse Model of Cerebral Amyloidosis (2016)
Journal of Neuroscience, 36 (6), 1871--1878
- Changes in insulin and insulin signaling in Alzheimer’s disease: cause or consequence? (2016)
The Journal of Experimental Medicine, 213 (8), 1375--1385
- The Effects of Peripheral and Central High Insulin on Brain Insulin Signaling and Amyloid-β in Young and Old APP/PS1 Mice (2016)
The Journal of Neuroscience, 36 (46), 11704--11715
- Current thinking on the mechanistic basis of Alzheimer's and implications for drug development (2015)
Clinical Pharmacology & Therapeutics, 98 (5), 469--471
- Hyperglycemia modulates extracellular amyloid-β concentrations and neuronal activity in vivo (2015)
Journal of Clinical Investigation, 125 (6), 2463--2467
- Hippocampal Volume in Type 1 Diabetes (2013)
US Endocrinology, 09 (02), 91