Relevant Degree Programs
My research program examines the use of innovative teaching pedagogy, simulation, to teach clinical and non-technical skills such as women's health, lactation, and health communication. My most recent work involves testing of a global interprofessional therapeutic communication scale to assess therapeutic relationships between providers and patients. Through texts, workshops, and conference proceedings I have used technology to empower faculty, students, and health care providers to incorporate creative, practical, and research-based knowledge into pleasurable learning experiences. My clinical focus is reproductive social justice through the promotion and support of lactation and transition to new parenthood specifically for underserved populations. I consult internationally on lactation, simulation, nursing and interprofessional education.
Use of simulation for health care professionals education and evaluation in health communication.
- Simulation with standardized patients: nursing student’s communication skills in health (2017)
Fernanda dos Santos Nogueira de Goes and Natalia Del' Angelo Aredes and Cristina Yuri Nakata Hara and Luciana Mara Monti Fonseca and Suzanne Hetzel Campbell
Revista da Rede de Enfermagem do Nordeste 18 (3) 383--389
- Effectiveness of a perinatal and pediatric End-of-Life Nursing Education Consortium (ELNEC) curricula integration (2015)
O'Shea, E.R. and Campbell, S.H. and Engler, A.J. and Beauregard, R. and Chamberlin, E.C. and Currie, L.M.
Nurse Education Today 35 (6) 765-770
- Validating the Health Communication Assessment Tool© (HCAT) (2015)
Array, Shea and Suzanne Hetzel Campbell and Leanne M. Currie and Elizabeth Chamberlin and Christopher A. Pates
Clinical Simulation in Nursing 11 (9) 402--410
- A Descriptive Analysis of Nursing Student Communication Behaviors (2013)
O'Shea, E.R. and Pagano, M. and Campbell, S.H. and Caso, G.
Clinical Simulation in Nursing 9 (1)
- Development of the health communication assessment tool: Enhancing relationships, empowerment, and power-sharing skills (2013)
Campbell, S.H. and Pagano, M.P. and O'Shea, E.R. and Connery, C. and Caron, C.
Clinical Simulation in Nursing 9 (11)
- Home care simulation for student nurses: Medication management in the home (2013)
Mager, D.R. and Campbell, S.H.
Nurse Education Today 33 (11) 1416-1421
- Personal Transformation and Curricula Change (2013)
Suzanne Hetzel Campbell and Philip Greiner and Sheila Grossman and Alison kris and Laurence Miners and Joyce Shea
Transforming Ourselves, Transforming the World 161--179
- Role-Playing: An Underutilized Tool for Teaching Students to Think, Act, and Reflect Like a Nurse (2012)
Clinical Simulation in Nursing 8 (7)
- Integration of End-of-Life Care Content in Undergraduate Nursing Curricula: Student Knowledge and Perceptions (2009)
Wallace, M. and Grossman, S. and Campbell, S. and Robert, T. and Lange, J. and Shea, J.
Journal of Professional Nursing 25 (1) 50-56
- Integrating spirituality into undergraduate nursing curricula. (2008)
Wallace, M. and Campbell, S. and Grossman, S.C. and Shea, J.M. and Lange, J.W. and Quell, T.T.
International journal of nursing education scholarship 5
- Creating Effective Advisory Boards for Schools of Nursing (2007)
Appel, N. and Campbell, S.H. and Lynch, N. and Novotny, J.M.
Journal of Professional Nursing 23 (6) 343-350
- Preceptor rewards: How to say thank you for mentoring the next generation of nurse practitioners (2007)
Campbell, S.H. and Hawkins, J.W.
Journal of the American Academy of Nurse Practitioners 19 (1) 24-29
- A CASE STUDY (2006)
Suzanne H. Campbell and Carrie Gutman
AWHONN Lifelines 10 (6) 490--497
- Challenges of breastfeeding preterm infants: a case study. (2006)
Campbell, S.H. and Gutman, C.
AWHONN lifelines / Association of Women's Health, Obstetric and Neonatal Nurses 10 (6) 490-497
- Recurrent plugged ducts (2006)
Journal of Human Lactation 22 (3) 340-343
- Clinical Lactation Practice: 20 Years of Evidence (2005)
Karen Wambach and Suzanne Hetzel Campbell and Sara L. Gill and Joan E. Dodgson and Titilayo C. Abiona and M. Jane Heinig
Journal of Human Lactation 21 (3) 245--258
- Hyperlactation: How left-brained 'rules' for breastfeeding can wreak havoc wth a natural process (2005)
Smillie, C.M. and Campbell, S.H. and Iwinski, S.
Newborn and Infant Nursing Reviews 5 (1 SPE) 49-58
- Systemic overgrowth of candidiasis: A case study (2004)
Clinical Excellence for Nurse Practitioners 8 (3) 109-116
- Limits to Growth: A Private Family Health Practice (2003)
Suzanne Hetzel Campbell and Christopher L. Huntley
The International Journal of Entrepreneurship and Innovation 4 (2) 133--137