An Invention Disclosure (UBC Invention Questionnaire and Assignment) is a written document that describes an invention to the University. Disclosure should be in sufficient detail to:
- identify all of the inventors
- evaluate the scientific and technical merit of the invention
- determine whether and how the invention can be protected
- discuss its potential commercial value and any potential commercial interests
- describe how the research leading to the invention was funded
Invention Disclosure forms and information regarding the invention disclosure, evaluation, and patenting process are available from the University-Industry Liaison Office (UILO). The UILO has been established at the University to provide you with advice and services to facilitate the protection and commercialization of intellectual property.