Supporting programs in attracting and retaining outstanding graduate students
Since 2006 the Faculty of Graduate Studies has been running an initiative to enhance the marketing of UBC Graduate Studies. The Graduate Recruitment Initiative (GRI) provides graduate programs with planning resources, logistical support and best strategies for graduate enrolment planning and student recruitment.
- Planning. Facilitating strategic enrolment and recruitment planning processes within graduate programs.
- Research. Conducting, collecting and disseminating research on trends related to choice of graduate programs, international student mobility and best practices in graduate student recruitment.
- Marketing/Promotion. Promoting UBC graduate education and research to prospective students and international academic, public and private organizations through enhanced web presence, advertising in key publications, and media relations.
- Outreach. Working with graduate programs to identify and implement successful recruitment outreach activities; providing financial and tactical support to program recruitment efforts.
- Evaluation. Assessing value and impact of recruitment activities.
The GRI site content has been moved into our new Faculty and Staff site at https://faculty-staff.grad.ubc.ca/graduate-recruitment-initiative. That site contains a range of information, tools, strategies and templates related to graduate student recruitment.