This year is the 8th annual online career conference. This year’s conference will provide attendees with 3 things:
- How-to seminars on what it takes to find and secure meaningful work;
- Career advice for PhDs by PhDs who have successfully launched post-academic careers;
- Career support and advice for grad students and PhDs concerned with hiring trends post-COVID. A significant part of the programming will be tailored to changes in job searching during COVID and what to expect in the recovery.
Attend Live: May 1st & 8th, starting at 8:00 AM (PT) both days.
Where: Online! Attend the conference from wherever you are via Zoom webinar. No travel required.
Video Replay: Available with the All Access Pass.
Price: $59 US for All Access (live + replay), $29 US for Live Only attendance. | Early Bird (April 1st to April 8th) coupon available for $10 off the All Access ticket only.
Who Should Attend: Graduate students, recent PhDs, postdocs, adjuncts, faculty members … and anyone else interested in learning about career options for PhDs.
Visit beyondprof.com/conference/ for complete details.
Day 1, Saturday, May 1st: How To Seminars
- 8:00 - 9:00 AM PT: How to Explore Career Options that Leverage Your Education with L. Maren Wood, PhD (CEO, Beyond the Professoriate)
- 9:15 – 10:15 AM PT: How to Find Your Best Career Fit with Susan Joudrey, PhD (Senior Advisor for Learning Development, Beyond the Professoriate)
- 10:30 – 11:30 AM PT: How to Translate Your Academic Skills & Experience with Brigét Horne (Resume Coach, Beyond the Professoriate)
- 11:45 – 12:45 PM PT: How to Find Mentorship & Why You Can’t Job Search Alone with Diane Sepa-Kishi, PhD (Aurora Product Manager, Beyond the Professoriate) and Malisa Kurtz, PhD (Digital Marketing Strategist, Beyond the Professoriate)