Senior Women Academic Administrators of Canada (SWAAC) Graduate Student Award of Merit
At least three awards, each in the amount of $3,000, will be awarded annually to the women graduate students who have demonstrated outstanding leadership in the university or general community while maintaining exemplary academic records.
Women registered in Master's or PhD programs at any Member Institution of Universities Canada within a designated region are eligible to be nominated. Regions and number of awards are defined as follows, and eligibility shall rotate among them:
- Atlantic Provinces (2018) - 4 awards
- Ontario (2019) - 5 awards
- Quebec (2020) - 4 awards
- Western Provinces (2021) - 4 awards
- Outstanding academic performance.
- Evidence of leadership, including but not limited to such things as:
- executive positions in student organizations
- participation on committees (student committees and university committees)
- organization of special events, conferences, etc.
- involvement in advocacy groups
- involvement in volunteer organizations, within the campus setting and/or in the general community
UBC may nominate one student to the Western Provinces competition every four years. The next competition will be in 2021.
See the SWAAC website for detailed competition information: http://www.swaac.ca/graduate-student-award-of-merit.html
See the SWAAC website for profiles of the 2018 winners: http://www.swaac.ca/2018-winners1.html