Discover the UBC Master of Health Administration
The MHA is a 24-month professional program for clinicians, managers and researchers who are seeking solutions to today’s complex health delivery issues.
Combining health systems, policies and management, our unique curriculum offers the educational and professional foundations required for leadership in health care. Our weekend modular format allows you to study while continuing to build your career. With our compressed schedule, you attend class every 3-4 weeks with in-person, online or hybrid options of class delivery and attendance.
Applied Learning for Healthcare Leadership
Delivered by instructors from the School of Population and Public Health, Sauder School of Business and industry experts, you will complete courses that provide the big picture of health care and gain essential skills for management and leadership.
Create the Future of Healthcare
Our health care system is becoming increasingly complex and facing more opportunities and challenges than ever before. Our program attracts students who are motivated by their desire to combine business skills with their passion for health care delivery.
Earn Your Degree While You Work
Designed to suit your full-time work schedule, our courses are directly applicable to your current role. You will also develop new skill sets and knowledge to accelerate your career.
The MHA program is a 42-credit graduate degree that is delivered in a cohort-based, executive education style. The program can be completed in two years, and consists of:
- 24 mandatory courses (1.5 credits each) offering a breadth and depth of topics that spans the health care sector and includes health policy, systems, and management. Courses include case studies, discussions, group work and presentations.
- Students also complete an independent capstone project: SPHA 590 Research Project
- Graduates will:
- Take courses with a multi-disciplinary perspective in health systems, policies and management along with foundational business skills
- Learn with a cohort model of like-minded, influential leaders
- Earn a highly sought-after degree and advance your career and promotion prospect
- Classes are taught on Friday afternoons and weekends with two 1.5 credit courses over two weekends. You will also complete individual and group course work between classes.
- Courses are designed, delivered and taught as either in-person, hyflex (blend of in person and online attendanace options) or strickly online, depending on the course
Applications for our September 2024 intake will opens on November 1, 2023. The deadline for submissions are as follows:
- February 01st, 2024 for international students
- March 01st, 2024 for domestic students
For more information about Admissions requiremements and eligiblity criteria, please visit here: https://spph.ubc.ca/programs/mha/admission-requirements/
For more information about the MHA, please visit the UBC MHA Website: https://spph.ubc.ca/programs/mha/
Contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please review this website for additional details.