Postdoctoral Fellow (PDF) Position in Targeted Drug Delivery and Nanomedicine
One full-time postdoctoral position is available immediately in the lab of Dr. Shyh-Dar Li’s at the Faculty of Pharmaceutical Sciences, University of British Columbia (Vancouver, BC, Canada. Due to the funding and project requirements, the position must be filled shorty, preferably immediately. Therefore, only applicants who do not need or already have a valid work permit are encouraged to apply.
Research in the Li lab focuses on employing chemical approaches to engineer innovative drug delivery systems such as lipid- or polymer-based nanoparticles to enhance drug targeting. For more information about the Li lab and current research, please check: http://lilab-tddn.pharmsci.ubc.ca/
Dr. Li is the Chair of the Faculty’s Nanomedicine and Chemical Biology Research and Training Program. He is one of the research leaders at the Nanomedicine Innovation Network (NMIN), a National Centre of Excellence co-funded by the Government of Canada and industry, focusing on clinical translation and commercialization of nanomedicines (https://www.nanomedicines.ca/). Trainees in the Li lab are exposed to a rich and unique training environment, ranging from chemistry, pharmaceutics, drug formulation, nanoparticle engineering, drug development, animal study, to entrepreneurship. Trainees from the Li lab are highly competitive for highly skilled jobs, including scientists in innovative biotech companies and tenure-track faculty.
- Have a PhD in a related field
- Have published peer-reviewed articles as first author
- Have excellent communication skills
- Be self-motivated and interested in drug delivery research
- Preference will be given to those who have experience in organic synthesis, cell culture, biological assays, protein engineering or in vivo studies.
- Take the lead of a major project in the lab
- Develop drug formulations and perform in vitro and in vivo characterizations.
- Lead organization and maintenance of the Li lab
- Train junior lab members
- Publish research results and assist in grant writing
- Present their data at conferences and lab meetings
- Teaching opportunity is available if interested.
Pay will be commensurate with level of experience and subject to UBC regulations for postdoctoral stipends. The contracted term will be for one year, from which further extensions will be possible. For further information, please email email@example.com.
Review of applications will start immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
Please send a curriculum vitae to:
Dr. Shyh-Dar Li
Angiotech Professor in Drug Delivery
Faculty of Pharmaceutical Sciences, The University of British Columbia