The Vancouver Prostate Centre (VPC) has an exceptional opportunity available for a Postdoctoral Research Fellow to join our research team.
This position is located within a health-care facility. Therefore, this position requires successful verification of full vaccination against Covid-19 provided prior to the start date, as required by the provincial health mandate.
The Vancouver Prostate Centre
The VPC has a large number of multi-disciplinary research programs in basic, clinic, and translational cancer research. It is a National Centre of Excellence and a designated Centre of Excellence for Commercialization and Research. It is affiliated with the University of British Columbia and the Vancouver Coastal Health Authority. Further details on VPC and its research programs are available at www.prostatecentre.com.
Dr. Artem Cherkasov is a Professor in the Department of Urologic Sciences, Faculty of Medicine at the University of British Columbia, and Senior Scientist at the Vancouver Prostate Centre. His research interests include computer-aided drug discovery (CADD), structure-activity modeling, drug reprofiling, new cancer therapeutics discovery and development of novel CADD tools and applications.
More information on Dr. Cherkasov and his team can be found here: Dr. Art Cherkasov | Vancouver Prostate Centre
Qualifications and Requirements
Professor Artem Cherkasov is looking for a talented Postdoctoral Fellow with a demonstrated research background and experience in computer-aided drug design. The Postdoctoral Fellow will work on exciting drug discovery programs providing cutting-edge Deep-learning docking strategy to support structure-based and ligand-based virtual screening and lead optimization.
- Strong problem solving and efficient communication skills.
- Strong Deep-learning programming experience with GPUs.
- Statistical data analysis and database management skills.
- Strong python, bash, Perl, awk, and SVL programming skills.
- Strong portfolio of open-source software available on GitHub.
- Solid background in computational chemistry, biological chemistry, organic chemistry, medicinal chemistry and pharmacokinetics.
- Hands-on experience in structure-based and ligand-based drug design and compound library design.
- Familiarity with state-of-the-art modeling and cheminformatics tools such as MOE, Schrodinger, OpenEye and ICM suite of programs.
Reading published papers and adapting procedures accordingly. Liaising with collaborators and present research findings in international conferences. Preparing manuscripts to high impact journals. Assisting with research proposals to be submitted to granting agencies.
To apply for this position, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line Post-doctoral Research Fellow, Cherkasov Lab with the following items attached:
- Current CV
- Cover letter
NOTE: This position will remain open until a suitable candidate is found. No telephone calls or drop-in inquiries accepted. Only those under consideration will be contacted.