MEDI 503 - Introduction to Clinical, Patient Oriented and Translational Research
The Postdoc Teaching Fellow will be working with the course directors, Drs. Cheryl Gregory-Evans and Alice Mui to deliver MEDI 503 to around 20 master's students. The primary focus of this course will be to provide education and training for those pursuing clinical, patient oriented,and translational research. The course will last for approximately 13 weeks with two 90 minute sessions per week. Sessions will be a mixture of didactic lectures, discussion, and group projects.
Start Date: August 2, 2021
End date: December 17, 2021
Term type: Part time
Main activities and responsibility:
- Develop where appropriate revisions to existing courses in terms of design, content, structure, forms of delivery, method of assessment.
- Develop and mark coursework assignments, quizzes, and exams, providing constructive feedback to students.
- Deliver lectures on topics related to translational medicine, knowledge translations, and research methods, occasionally.
- Assist lecturer and course coordinators in developing teaching materials
- Liaise with lecturers to confirm learning objectives and teaching schedule, upload course materials to UBC Canvas
- Liaise with departmental administrative staff to reserve classrooms, AV/IT equipment, and submit grades.
- Mentor and supervise students through tutorials, advising on study skills, and helping with learning problems.
- Supervise and provide feedback on student projects
- Carry out on-going curriculum review including module content and materials and contribute to learning and teaching strategy.
- Contribute to the accreditation of programs and quality control processes by providing formative and summative feedback to the department
- In-depth understanding of translational medicine, knowledge translation and implementation science
- Experience of teaching, curriculum development, and quality management
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Act as a responsible member of the teaching team, leading where agreed, and develop productive working relationships
Please send your CV and cover letter to email@example.com. Shortlisted applicants will be invited to an interview with the course directors.