At Mérida Labs, we are looking for a motivated and solution-oriented postdoctoral fellow. The project is in partnership with Indro Robotics, Rogers, Canada Post and London Drugs. InDro Robotics is a Canadian company focused on providing innovation in aerial robotics to enable complex operations, data collection, surveillance, and delivery services.
As the team leader of 5G connectivity, you will have the opportunity to develop this line of research. Your first task will be to work with our partners Indro Robotics and Rogers to further develop these technologies. You will support and mentor student teams and will work towards expanding the relationship and the research goals.
In addition to communication, project management, and technical writing skills, a suitable candidate for the upcoming program at the University of British Columbia should have technical experience in some of the following areas of study (ranked in order of importance):
- Cellular technologies including 5G
- Cloud architecture, AWS and /or Azure
- IOT implementation, MQTT
- Fibre-optics and wireless systems
- Integration of network devices into mobile systems
- Network data packet tracing
- Computer-based local-area networks
- High-speed Internet technologies
- Embedded Systems
- Integration including experience with Linux deployed on single board computers, ideally Nvidia systems, edge processing
- Programming microprocessors
- Remotely Piloted Aircraft Systems
- Communications and control systems
- Firmware deployment on flight controllers or use of SDKs for remotely piloted aircraft systems.
- Power distribution systems for RPAS
- Signals and systems experience
- RF engineering, antenna design
- Digital signal processing, including Software Defined Radio
- Programming (multiple languages)
- Experience in GUI Design, Analytics, Databases (SQL), Web development and experience working with APIs, such as for map integration
- Experience in scripting for Geographic Information Systems (GIS) applications
- Computer programming for robotics
- Docker and Container deployment
Additional traits sought:
- Fabrication of mechanical and electrical components
- CAD 3D modelling and design
- 3D printing in various materials
- Analog and digital electronics
The fellowship will be for a one-year appointment, renewable, subject to a performance assessment. The position is available from now until it is filled. Review of applications will begin on November 30th, 2020. Interested candidates with a PhD in computer engineering, physics, electronics, electrical engineering, communication technologies or related field completed within the last 3 years are encouraged to apply. Applications must include a cover letter, curriculum vitae and names and contact information of three references and can be submitted to Dr Omar Herrera at email@example.com.