Workshop on Supervising Graduate Students for New Faculty
Date & Time
In this interactive session, we will share some key principles and practices for supervising graduate students (thesis students - e.g. MA, MSc, PhD), especially in the current context of Covid-19, and provide a range of strategies, cases, and resources. Designed for new research stream faculty, but open to all interested faculty members.
Topics will include:
- Principles and practices of excellent supervision and mentoring
- Fostering communication and academic progress
- Maintaining a sense of community
- Addressing conflicts, issues and concerns
- Resources available to support faculty and students
Please RSVP by March 8, 2021. This session will be presented via Zoom and details will be provided with registration confirmation.
Presenters: Theresa Rogers, PhD, Associate Dean, with Brianne Howard, Director, Academic Support, Graduate and Postdoctoral Studies
Direct questions to Theresa Rogers firstname.lastname@example.org