Mitacs Internship Info Session: Finding non-academic collaborations to advance your career
Date & Time
Registration Closed / Past Event
Are you interested in putting your talent to work with an organization that needs your expertise? Looking to become more employable? Interested in a new perspective on your research? Curious about how to complete a paid internship through Mitacs during your graduate studies?
In this session, you will be provided with information on the Accelerate program, hear from graduate students who have recently completed internships, and have an opportunity to ask questions about how they developed these partnerships.
- Bailey Eagan: Master’s Student in the Animal Welfare Program (Land & Food Systems). Internship with the BC SPCA.
- Katrina May: Master’s Student in the School of Community and Regional Planning. Internship with the Catalyst Community Developments Society.
- Ahmed Sigiuk: Master’s Student in Electrical and Computer Engineering. Internship with 16Bit AI.
- Mitchell Braam: PhD Student in Cellular & Physiological Sciences. Internship with STEMCELL Technologies.
- Elliott Skierszkan: Postdoctoral Fellow in Earth, Ocean, & Atmospheric Sciences. Internship with Lorax Environmental Services.
Andrea Globa, Ph.D., Director of Business Development, Mitacs. Andrea recently completed her PhD in Neuroscience at UBC. As a Director of Business Development at Mitacs, Andrea works with industry and non-profit organizations to form partnerships with researchers on campus, helping to connect these partners with research expertise at UBC.
General registration opens on Monday, September 23 at 9:00 am.
Priority will be given to UBC graduate students registered in the current academic session. After registering, you will receive confirmation and additional event details within 2 business days at the e-mail associated with your community.grad.ubc.ca account. If you experience any difficulty using the online registration tool, please e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org.