Thesis Boot Camp _Day 1 with panel
Date & Time
Registration Closed / Past Event
Feeling unmotivated to work on your thesis? Are you the only one you know in the midst of writing? Need a kick start to get your thesis going? Graduate Pathways to Success and the Centre for Writing and Scholarly Communication (CWSC) are hosting a thesis boot camp to help get your thesis on track. This will be followed by weekly group writing sessions in Koerner Library to keep you writing.
Benefits of participating, include:
- Attendance at the opening panel, where graduate students talk about their experience with and approaches to writing their theses
- Tips for writing and managing your schedule as you work on your thesis from the peer writing consultants at the CWSC
- Time and a quiet space to work, uninterrupted, on your project
- A peer writing consultant from the CWSC available during writing time to answer questions
- The opportunity to meet and network with colleagues from across campus
Please note this is a two day event. There is an option to register to attend the panel session only, although we strongly encourage participants to stay and write.
Day 1, Wednesday, April 26th
1:00 - 2:00 PM Graduate Student Panel
- Susanne Bradley, PhD student, Computer Science
- Catherine Kirkness MA, English (currently in Guidance Studies)
- Shannon Obradovich, PhD candidate, Zoology
- Anna Schuhbauer, PhD candidate , Resources, Environment and Sustainability
2:00 - 5:00 PM Writing Boot Camp
Day 2, Thursday, April 27th
1:00 - 5:00 PM Writing Boot Camp
Facilitator: Meghan Aubé is the Program Manager at the Centre for Writing and Scholarly Communication. Before coming to UBC, Meghan taught literature, rhetoric and composition, and was involved with Writing Centre work in the United States. She currently runs the writing tutorial service at UBC, which offers support to both undergraduate and graduate students. Meghan holds an MA in English from Iowa State University, where she focused on masculinity in working-class literature.
Registration opens Tuesday, April 18th at 9:00am.
Priority will be given to UBC graduate students registered in the current academic session. Confirmation of registration will be sent within two working days. If you experience any difficulty using the online registration tool, please send a message to: firstname.lastname@example.org