Graduate Supervision for New Faculty Members
Date & Time
Theresa Rogers, Associate Dean
Faculty of Graduate and Postdoctoral Studies
The Faculty of Graduate and Postdoctoral studies is offering a workshop for new faculty members, focusing on graduate supervision.
Please forward this information to new faculty members in your unit (the category “new faculty members" can be defined by you).
In this introductory workshop we will share best practices in graduate supervision related to:
- developing a strong supervisory relationship
- fostering graduate student progress
- communicating expectations
- developing supportive scholarly communities
- negotiating concerns, issues and conflicts that may arise
We will also outline the range of resources available at UBC for faculty and students related to supervision.
Please RSVP by March 28, 2017 so we have an accurate number of resources for attendees.
Refreshments will be served.